Monday, February 16, 2009

Valentine's Day With My Boys

Thanks for the cannoli forms Rachael! I have been trying to improve upon my domestic skills, which are currently quite rudimentary and modest. I have a new appreciation for the Food Network and enrichment bread making-type activities. We made cannoli for a fun Valentine treat with some forms my sister-in-law Rachael sent home with my mother-in-law from Milan. I am still not even close to being confidant in the kitchen, as I also attempted to make some "no-fail" eclairs that turned into a DI-SAS-TER! I tried everything I could to save the cream filling that was too thin, running all over my hands and not into the pastries. Although discouraged, I have not thrown in the kitchen towel quite yet.
We spent the day playing and swimming in Midway surrounded by three feet of snow. Emerson played with his sweet auntie Mary so his parents could go the the spa for massages. That evening we avoided the crowds and had a nice dinner at home after the baby went to bed. We also laughed as we read old letters we had written to each other eight years ago. It was the perfect Valentine's Day!!!




I can't help but post some recent pictures of the little guy:

He is a very happy boy and finds such enjoyment and pleasure out of the simplest things. Such as eating avocado . . .

or playing in a box.
He is the SWEETEST boy a mommy could ask for!

7 comments:

Teresa said...

The cannollies were great! I like them beeter then any I have ever eaten-- And I love the picture of Emerson swimming

bella utahan said...

what a great time you had with the ones you love!!! I am glad you got some use out of the cannoli molds!!!

Tiffany said...

Sounds like a perfect Valentines day. Emerson is so cute, I love his jammies...Kyler had the same ones :)

Andrea said...

The cannoli looks delicious! I'm impressed. Sounds like you guys had a great Valentine's Day.

Annie said...

What a cute boy! He is such a good baby.
It sounds like you guys had a lot of fun in Midway. We all need to go up there again soon. You can never spend enough time at the spa, right?

Alaina said...

Sounds fun! Speaking of old letters- my mom was cleaning out the basement storage room and found a box of notes from our sophmore year of high school. Of course that was before the texting craze. So funny the things we worried about back in the day. Good Times!

Anonymous said...

That kid of yours is so amazing! Looks like you guys had a great night and the food looks awesome!