Thursday, January 7, 2010

The Adventure Awaits


Like Susan on 34th Street, Emerson must have asked for a BABY BROTHER for Christmas, because that's what he got (I asked for the house in the country, but I'll give Santa some time). I had an ultrasound on Christmas Eve and found out I will now be outnumbered in the house by three. There won't be nearly as many preparations for #2 as there were for #1. We don't have to build him a room for starters, and his older brother will be able to share everything as they will both be spring babies. There will be two years and one month between them after baby boy #2 arrives at the end of May. Emerson was ecstatic when I asked him if he wanted a baby brother; however, I think he believes a "brother" is something good to eat. He said, "Bruuuher!" and ran into the kitchen chanting, "Aaaah bruher, aaa bruher" (I want brother). It was a rather disappointing moment.

We are excited to welcome little brother, who is currently the size of a cantaloupe, into our home and look forward to seeing the similarities and differences with the boys. I only hope I can keep up with all three of them!

























Once there was a snowman . . .

11 comments:

Teresa said...

If you tell E that Bruuher is the size of a cantelop he will think he is a piece of food. We are so excited for #2 (actually our #8) -- I love the new family picture

Nancy said...

Ha ha Teresa has a point! Do not compare the baby to food! And, i also LOVE the family picture and all of the snowman pics:)

Alaina said...

Two Boys! How fun. I hope everything is going smoothly and you're feeling well. Congrats, two years apart is perfect. It's hard at first when they're both little but then they'll always have a playmate.

The Higgins Family said...

Congratulations!!! I love little boys! My pair of brothers bring me so much joy, it sometimes takes my breath away... :)

Mommy Madness said...

CONGRATS!! How funny that we had Emerson and Lexie around the same time and we are both due at the end of May (I'm having a boy, too... although this is new territory for me after having 3 girls). (By the way, this is Audrey, JR's cousin.)

bella utahan said...

YEA!! A new nephew! Emerson.. oh I am so excited to see him!! I also love your new family picture!!

Rachelle said...

Congrats Kristi!!!! I am so excited for you! It iwll be so fun to have the same sex when they are so close together in age! And our boys will just be months apart, how fun!!!

HappyHodges said...

Congrats you guys! I had no clue.. of course maybe the only time we have talked was at the diabetes walk this summer! We really need to get together, Ella would love to have a play date with Emerson Im sure!.. Would love to invite you to our blog.. send me your email at amhodges2004@q.com

Mindy (Gaffney)Hodges

bryce and kianna said...

Emerson is so dang cute, he always makes us laugh!!! I am so excited for you guys, two boys will be so much fun. Can't wait to meet the new little one.

Anonymous said...

We are so excited for you guys! Emerson will be a great big brother!

*DeMeLo HaPpEnInGs* said...

COngrats that is awesome!