Thursday, June 26, 2008

Whale Channel
















I spent Fathers day with my with pops on a fishing trip near B.C. Canada. We stayed on a floating lodge tucked back in a remote channel NW of B.C. Canada. The catch was as fresh as it gets! We flew into Seattle and then bused up to Vancouver. From there we took a commuter plane to a little town called Bella Bella. We then flew a sea plane from there and landed right on the ocean and docked at our lodge. It was pretty crafty weather the first day, but made for some memorable stormy fishing. The next 3 days we were up at 4 a.m. to start fishing and would fish until about 10 p.m. with a break for some gourmet dinners: fillet mignon, giant prawns, halibut, and salmon! We had been staying at the lodge with some uncles, a cousin, and their business associates. We were paired up in boats to do as we pleased. Rod and I spent a good portion of our time testing out new cameras and lenses, but still managed to reel in some big suckers. It was awesome to see the wildlife right up near our boats. Eagles, whales, seals, sea lions, and many more. Uncle Richard reeled in an 88 lb. halibut from 450 ft below! We managed to catch a couple of halibut, some big salmon, and a lil' shark! GOOOOD Eating! I had a blast with my dad fishing over fathers day and look forward to another trip with him and little Emerson.

7 comments:

Rachelle said...

Wow! That looks like an amazing trip! How fun for you!

Anthony and Christel said...

Those pictures are AMAZING!!! The bald eagle, and the whales? That is so awesome!

bryce and kianna said...

Leave it to you JR to be playing with your camera instead of catching sharks! Sounds like an amazing trip, plus good eats. I'm pretty jealous.
Bryce

Maria said...

What a fun trip!! The pictures are great!!l

bella utahan said...

JR, I love that you call dad ROD! The pictures were fun to see and I love your little caption! You should blog more!

Unknown said...

These pics are insane! I can not believe that eagle.. It's gigantic. That looks like a sweet trip. You've sold me.. I've got to go there.

Steve and Hailey said...

Those are some HUGE beasts of the water!

Kristi, I get back into town the middle of next week. We'll have to plan a night out or something. Or an afternoon with the kiddos. I bet Emer has changed so much.