Do you remember your childhood birthday parties surrounded by friends and family, and not a care in the world? What about screaming down a water slide, splashing in the pool, and then running so fast back up to the top that what you look like in a swimsuit is the last thing on your mind? This is the joy of a summer birthday. It was nice to be reminded of what it felt like to turn 10 again. JR and I celebrated our birthdays by renting out a little water park with friends and family. I think everyone, including myself, was surprised by how fun it turned out. We made sure to have plenty of kids there to remind us how to have such fun. I think the record for number of guys in a train down the slide was 9. Luckily there were no serious injuries. There is a blurry picture in the slideshow of JR and some of his friends running up to the slides for one last ride. I really think they transformed into 10-year-olds that evening. We even had a themed cake with little people going down a water slide made by my sister-in-law Rachael. Thanks for the experience everyone!
This and That
1 day ago



3 comments:
WoW! Now that is a birthday party. Isnt it crazy as adults we forget how to just let loose and enjoy ourselves. Glad you had fun.
So bummed we missed it, but it looks like you had a blast!! BTW, where are the mom jeans pic's? :) I'm dying to post them on our blog. Last night was SO FUN!! I think that I burned about 1000 calories laughing!
Man I would love to go back the day that I didn't feel the least bit uncomfortable in my swimsuit! It looks like you guys had a blast-I can't beleive how fast your little guy is growing, I love the pictures!
Post a Comment