Monday, November 24, 2008

The Incredibly Random and Unspectacular Quirks of Mr. JR Royce



JR was tagged by his cousin Brian. Due to his failure to comply and negative attitude toward tagging, I will be writing the quirks on his behalf.

1. JR comes up with the most random and crazy nicknames for people. He has given me dozens over the years. Lately he has been calling our son "QB Sneaks". I have no idea what it means.
2.JR doesn't drink milk by itself. He must have it with cereal or mixed with chocolate. He also can't eat bits of fruit mixed in with any type of food, such as salad. He takes frog-eye or Jello salad as an insult. Such a weirdo!
3. If you know JR, or have ever been around him, you know he has a lot of energy. He gets pretty competitive in games and can get a little crazy. This also makes him a fun guy to have at a party. If you need to get things really going on the dance floor, he is your man! He just can't help himself when the dance music comes on.
4. This really isn't a quirk, but he has a real talent for art. He can sketch, paint, and excel at any medium he tries.
5. This may be news to most people, but JR likes to get a good deal! I know, I know, who would have guessed?! He likes to spread the love and make sure others are getting a good deal as well.
6. This is another one that isn't unspectacular: JR can fix ANYTHING. He can also build anything. In High School, he and a friend's dad rebuilt his truck engine. Once he got married, he rebuilt his house! He just finished our kitchen, and it is gorgeous! I really take for granted not having to ever take my car in for repairs or call a fix-it man. He does it all!

JR doesn't want to play tag and apparently would like to remain "it" forever. When I asked who he wants to tag he said, "Let whatever web voodoo or mysterious virus come about, I'm not tagging anyone." He doesn't believe in it and puts it in the same category as multilevel marketing schemes. He is slightly less favorable of his cousin Brian now. Sorry Brian, you two will have to settle this one at the next family reunion.

6 comments:

bella utahan said...

Kristi I am glad that you stepped up and did Jr's "Tag" for him! We also appreciate the deals that he finds! Can't wait to see the carseat in person!

Royce's said...

I haven’t giggled so hard by myself in a while! Every quirk you said, I could think of some crazy story behind it! I love to see JR and Rory together, even thought they can be the most annoying, immature, dorks EVER! They act like they are 5 yrs old, instead of the 15 yrs old they usually act. I understand why Rod didn’t give us the "talk" in the basement, he was probably thrilled that someone would put up them! But he sure does bring joy into any room he walks into! We love you JR!!!

Anonymous said...

I laughed so hard when I read this! It made me realize how well I know JR. I know that he can not pass up a good deal, and yes, he does share the wealth. (Why do you think I have a beautiful Amish rocker in my home?) I also know that he would hate tags! I hate them too! I never do them! That was a great post! Makes me miss you guys!

Teresa said...

Kristi- This was a hoot! Will you do Rod' tag from cousin Bill?

Siciliano said...

Ciao Bellissimi ragazzi! I laughed so much! JR,using your very cool talent in negotiating almost everything, will you buy an I-Phone for me?????? We should play ping pong soon so come out, OK? It is also full of SITUATIONS here even if it is Winter! So, you cannot miss it! and sometimes we have also pipistrelli coming inside the house so you can practice you Italian too while you are with live experience!
Ciao

Losinthisdangfat said...

HI guys! I love reading your blog! You have such a cute family, your son is getting SO BIG it's hard to believe! Have a great day guys!
Andrea