
I have just the remedy! Do you need something to stop your obsessed daydreams of Edward Cullen immediately? SEE THE MOVIE! While entertaining and worth seeing at least once, this movie was a great disappointment on many levels. I realize that the film had the greatest of expectations to live up to and that absolutely no one can successfully play out what your imagination dreams up in your own head. Still, I think I could have done a better casting job myself with 10 minutes and Google on my laptop! I hate to say it, but the thought of a clown came into mind once, Rosalie had some major hair coloring problems, and Jasper had an uncanny resemblance to Edward Scissorhands. There were many times I almost started laughing at Edward and his immortal behavior. I learned to live with the fast action monkey leaps and tree squatting, but the Princess Barbie sparkles were a bit too much for me! Do you think it is too late to get new actors for the second film? I could go on and on, but I won't. I will say I enjoyed the movie and would tell you to go see it, but that won't stop me from critiquing (and some parts laughing at) it.
You could do a documentary and serious social study on the obsession over this movie!



6 comments:
totally agree Kristi, i was disappointed too...i wasnt fond of the characters they chose. Plus somethings were different in the book, and you are right, my mind invisioned everything so different.
I am still trying to find out if they play it in English here!!! If not I guess I will see it in Italian, sometimes this makes movies better just because of the dubbing and the intermission they give for potty breaks! I have not read any of the books yet and think I will have a different take on it- no expectations.
I love that you also thought Jasper resembled Edward Scissorhands, my sister and I thought so too!!! And Rosalie does have a terrible coloring job on her hair....I think Emmett was a good choice as well as Bella and James, and maybe Alice but the rest were terrible choices for sure! I really think most anyone who has read the book could have chosen the cast membersbetter than they did! Ugh! I still loved it though because well I feel like I owe it to the book, he he!
Thats funny. I haven't gone to see it yet. I know I'll be disapointed and haven't heard very good reviews. At least now it's out and everyone can get on with their lives lol.
ahh yes, the Edward obsession. I'm glad I never got to crazy or head over heals. I'd like to see the movie, but I might wait till it comes out on DVD. :)
Post a Comment