Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Escape to Barbados

We added another stamp to our passports last week when we took a trip to Barbados with my dad and brother Brandt. Sand as fine as baby powder and the warmest ocean water I have experienced made me never want to leave the beach. While snorkeling, I met an old turtle who was friends with a sting ray, and swam around three different ship wrecks. Barbados is full of friendly people with a laid-back island attitude.
Our favorite activities: beach volleyball for the guys and Beach-side yoga for me.
The scariest thing we saw: During a walk passed the military school, we saw a female Sergeant threatening the girls running with a rock. She hurled it at the ones not going fast enough. I sure stopped staring and picked up my own pace.
The saddest thing we saw: The island now has a TGI Fridays restaurant that comes equip with the loud annoying birthday song. I think that's as far as Americanization can go!
As relaxing as it was, we knew we couldn't be away all summer and deny the yard work and housework we had back home (I hope our neighbors can forgive us!) After over a month outside the border we are back in the U.S. and ready to celebrate the Fourth of July!

Click on the picture to enlarge

6 comments:

Allie said...

KRISTI! What the! When did you plan this? I would love to go to Barbados, it looks awesome. We need to hang out!

Teresa said...

I love emerson in his skull cap. What a great adventure you all have been on.

Alaina said...

It looks like you had such a great time! I can't believe how grown up little Brandt is and your Dad looks the same as he did 10 years ago. I hope you guys are doing well...we really should get together and do lunch sometime.

Rach said...

Looks like you guys decided on the perfect trip!! Glad you had fun. I miss you!

Anonymous said...

It has been a ton of fun watching your trip! VERY JEALOUS! Looks like you had a great trip!

bella utahan said...

so are you guys back to real life now, or planning your next getaway???