Friday, September 11, 2009

Small Town USA at its Finest

I decided I needed something a little more uplifting at the front of my blog. How about the Swiss Days Midway Town Parade? The Post Office Band was even more impressive this year with what I like to call a giant mobile horncycle suitable enough for the pages of a Dr. Seuss book.

Many tractors in the parade.

Someone's impressed.

A Polynesian band marched as well.


I promise I didn't match these two on purpose. The best part of this parade is that no one camps out or lines the streets hours before it begins with chairs for all 21 members of their family. You can show up ten minutes before it begins to find a front row spot to catch candy from.

1 comment:

Steve and Hailey said...

Are you sure you didn't match those two??? They look awesome! Print and frame it immediately. I'm always wondering how to savor every moment with the kids (and survive the tough times) and I think pictures might help. Your pictures turned out so well! See you soon.