
Team Diabeaters before the big Step Out walk at This is the Place Heritage park. Thousands showed up on Saturday to walk in support of finding a cure for diabetes. Our team of friends and family marched with babies in strollers, babies in bellies, cameras flashing, and great company under the sunshine. Thanks for showing up everyone. We had a great time!

More Diabeaters team members

The finish line was at Hogle Zoo where I couldn't get enough of the newest residents. They had a recent baby boom and every one of the little babes is absolutely darling! I could have watched this little elephant run around, roll around on her ball, and nurse from her mama all day.

You wouldn't know it, but this mama elephant and I have a lot in common. Her name is Kristi, we were pregnant at the same time, and now we each have a little one of our own running around causing trouble. I didn't have the heart to tell her that my pregnancy ended an entire year before hers. Now I don't feel as bad for hearing about "Kristi, the pregnant elephant" on the news while I was expecting.

Having a snack


Smile for the camera


This guy was six feet tall when he was born!


Bath time for baby tiger
Sooooo cute, right?
5 comments:
how did you do with donations?? Ilove your elephant comparisons- cute baby!!!
you got some great pictures! I didnt see the tiger family. Thanks for inspiring us to join in.
Sorry we had to miss out on the fun...hopefully you do it again next year! :-)
These pictures are really good Kristi! how did you take those? oh wait.... you have Jr's awesome camara. But still i'm impresed.:)-MAry
your pictures are amazing!!!! I want to go back and see that baby elephant. I can't believe how cute he was.
Post a Comment