skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Outdoor Bedtime Stories Brought to You by Stove In A Can
Sometimes I want to be the fun mom who lets her hair down, uses silly voices, and gives the kids dad-type fun. You know, dad-fun: break the rules, don't worry about a mess or let furniture get in the way, and leave blankets and crumbs all over fun. I have to compete with a dad who regularly overflows the jetted tub with bubbles for the kids and gives evening go-kart rides.
Tonight the kids and I decided to prep for bedtime outside where we could play "knights camping in the woods" per Emerson's request. I'm not the fire expert in the family, nor do I ever cook in the outdoors, so when the kids and I are on our own in the evening and want to do something crazy like cook and eat dessert outside I have to thank this little Stove In A Can. The knight, the princess, and the king all enjoyed a warm and tasty apple berry cobbler while reading bedtime stories.
I have to say I'm very glad I was given this little can to bulk up my pathetic little supply of emergency preparedness. The few cans, wheat, and dehydrated soups I have will not cook themselves. The idea is simple yet brilliant, compacting fuel cells, waterproof matches, and a heat coil all in a lightweight little can that can fit in the car, on a shelf, or even in a backpack. The can cooked our dutch oven cobbler in less than an hour and burned on for at least another hour or two.
The can was as simple to cook on as the stove but has the added benefit of providing the user with such confidence-building qualities as adventurous, courageous, and in the case of our game tonight, chivalrous.
3 comments:
I completely want one of these now!
Fantastic! Charlotte the princess would have loved to share in this! She keeps asking to go to UTah and play!
Those look amazing! WOW!
Post a Comment