Maybe it's because it's Easter or because everyone is napping and the sun is shining bright, but I am feeling so positive about my family's experience at church this Easter Sunday. Yes, it was my toddler up front during the Sacrament meeting standing under the speaker with his shirt halfway off trying to fit his entire fist in his mouth, but not even his attention-deficiency during the service frustrated me today. I regret not making the time or effort to prepare anything worth-while for our family Easter celebrations this year, from either the spiritual or secular realm. As we all walked home from church talking about our individual classes we attended the third hour I realized we had all been as spiritually well fed as if we had attended Easter Sunday brunch at the Grand America. We all went home to physically feast on whatever leftover offerings the fridge held for us for lunch, but our spiritual needs have been met today.
I doubt I would find another organization in the world that would offer my entire family a place every week with such spiritual training and inspiration catered to our individual roles, ages, and needs. My children sing, create artwork, socialize, and get to know loving teachers who sincerely care for them. My husband gathers with other men for lessons and gospel discussions. I get to know women and teenage girls I normally wouldn't run into through life's average routine, and get uplifted by the lessons and teachings of others who do it all in the name of our Savior Jesus Christ. My Easter means more to me today after a couple shared their knowledge and insight on Jewish tradition and their experience in the Holy Land. I realized that while it is difficult to balance every aspect in a family including educating, feeding, housekeeping, sporting, and every other ing, I have the serving and spiritual teaching made easy for me with a house of the Lord right in my neighborhood. We are all given the opportunity to serve others in one capacity or another. Living the gospel we are challenged, strengthened, stretched, and edified, and all it took today was showing up.
Happy Easter. He is Risen!
This and That
1 day ago



2 comments:
Happy Easter! Thank you for your thoughts/reflections. I am so grateful to have the church in my life and love the peace it brings to my soul.
beautiful writing, beautiful testimony. loved this post!!!
Post a Comment