I had to go into the 4th folder of my pictures and find the 4th picture. Christmas 2006 was the folder and here is the picture:
For an explanation of this mysterious photo, especially to those who have never seen A Christmas Story (which you think would be impossible with how often it runs on TV around Christmas time), I thought I would post a few other pics. One evening in December 2006 Rodney Royce heard a loud knock at his front door.
To his surprise stood a large "major award" in a wooden crate with the Italian word "fragile" painted on the front. Anyone with any sense knows that anything that says "fragile" must be something of great worth. The family gathered around for the unveiling of the great and mysterious major award their father had received.
Grandma Royce (who passed away at the beginning of this year) said she wanted to try it out for size to see if it would make a decent casket. She jumped right up on it, but found that it was a little short. What a funny grandma!!! The world isn't the same without Grandma Lova.
With great anticipation Rodney furiously dug through the shredded paper to find what the large box held for him. The family watched in amazement as he pulled out an obscene woman's leg covered in seductive net tights. What could such a thing be used for? Their questions were answered when he pulled out a lamp shade that fit perfectly atop the smooth muscular thigh. He wasted no time as he fetched a table to place the lamp on in the front window for all to admire.


Knowing his dad's favor for the movie A Christmas Story, JR put hours into recreating one of the best scenes. I can't tell you how many searches he did for the right leg or how many craft stores he shopped for the perfect fringe. He and his friend Tyler even dedicated an entire afternoon to shopping for a sleek black woman's shoe together with just the right height in the heel.

Each year around Christmas time when you drive down the Royce's street, you will see the bright glow of electric sex shining proudly in the window.
Now for six strange things about me (I will make this quick):
1) I don't like to look at large fish, especially when they are too big for their environment!!!!
2) I don't like to see ducks too far from the pond or in abnormal places.
3) Whenever making anything with bread I always break off a small piece and eat it first (it drives JR crazy).
4) I have to have all feelings in my body symmetric. For instance, if one hand is wet or one arm tired, I have to get the other side wet or tired.
5)I loved playing anything "in olden times" when I was younger (not "strange" but I can't think of much right now).
6) I MUST eat breakfast. I absolutely can't start the day without it.
I tag Teresa, Christel, and Hailey (because she didn't do my last tag I gave her!).



9 comments:
I remember how excited everyone was when that came! We even saw the box out back months later! What a fun memory for you guys!
Your little guy looks just like JR! He sure is cute.
Kristi you tell stories with such great detail! You should write childrens books or a novel! I loved seeing those pictures, I did not know about the gma thing!
Love the lamp! What a great present and cute grandma.
Oh what memories! I am so glad that you told these sweet story. What a great job you and JR did in putting this gift together. And you tell it so well. You do have a gift for writing.
That is so funny- I remember your semetrical feeling OCD lol! I love it.
I love this post! I want to put a link on our blog so that everyone can see how amazing that lamp is.
I'm back from South Carolina so we'll have to get together. How is next week for you? I'll give you a call. I'm off to CA for Britt's wedding this weekend.
I love the new picture of Emerson at the top!
Oh I miss grandmas humor! She was so funny and in suprising ways. I love your random facts about you, I always love hearing about your fear of ducks.
Post a Comment