Thursday, May 28, 2009

Travel Rule #1: Relax!

I got so worried before our trip about how I was going to entertain Emerson, if I was bringing enough toys (couldn't fit much), how he would adjust, or what people would think if he got upset.
We have a tendency to expect the worst in situations. First of all, Children are creative and can entertain themselves just fine! Below is a picture of the little boy playing on our new Italian friends' (Joe & Natalie) balcony with their duster and other cleaning supplies. He had a blast.
People are generally very kind and generous when you are traveling with kid in tow. We were given a little toy car by a generoso Italian boy (who wouldn't stop talking to JR even though he didn't understand a word of his Italian) before our first flight and a package of crackers from Japan by a lady on our second flight. We met up with Rach and Giovanni's bread man (who has become a friend of the whole family) where we received free milk, fresh pizza, and other goodies.




photo posted from my iPhone

4 comments:

Allison said...

I'm so glad you are doing these posts on your trip! Can't wait to see your adventures as they happen:)

Nancy said...

Ahh Emerson in Italy, lucky little boy! P.S. Brooke had her baby little girl 6 lbs 14 oz doing well!

Anonymous said...

It's no house accross the street from the BirdRock Surf Shop, but I guess urope can be mildly entertaining to people who are into that sort of thing! I really hope you have a splendid time.

Nancy said...

Kristi! it's mary!!! i'm so happy for you guys! i hope you have an amazing time. My friend and i are seriously considering going to Italy together our sophomore year i want to so bad!!! so i may need your and jr magic fingers to help me find a deal on cheep tickets! call me when you can i'd love to hear about everything!! and call my phone just in case i'm not with mom